Thursday, July 5, 2012

week 7










Week 7 - 


During the seven weeks, that I have spent on my internship at 830 AM WCRN, I have learned many things that will surely help me when I graduate and start looking for a job after graduation.  The goals I have accomplished for myself and my mentors at WCRN have been as follows posting the social media, editing audio, assisting of constructing of  the AM news reports , Reporting affidavits, running the board and voicing commercials.   My mentors at the station believe that with my experience especially with social media this will surly help me find work not only in Radio it will help in wherever position I chose to find work in the future.     
          Every morning I do the AM news repot with Sherman Whittman and go over what news will be run for the day and what will be discarded.  When I have decided what the news will be for the day I give Hank Stolz and Bob Hokkanson copies of the news for the day so they know what to report for the  day.  During the afternoons, I have been posting the social media for the following day and assisting working the board.  These are a few of the things that I do every day and I feel that I make an impact helping the station with these tasks on a daily basis.   With my help with these tasks my colleges can pursue other pressing assignments they might need to do for the day.  I enjoy learning new things and skills and working at WCRN has made me feel confident in my choice in perusing my communications degree.     






No comments:

Post a Comment