Saturday, June 9, 2012

week 3







The goals for my internship at WCRN are as follows:

·         Learning how to operate the sound board for midday shows

·         Learning how to edit previously recorded audio that will be used later on for a show

·         Answering the phone when callers want to give their input on the topic being covered on the live in studio shows

·         Working as an AM News assistant with Serman Whitmen in the mornings constructing the news reports
·         Voicing commercials

·         Working on site events when the station does remote broadcasts

·         Working with the promotions staff helping with their social media
·         Doing the acquisitions


The goals listed above been established for me by my supervisors at WCRN and myself.  In the few weeks I have been an intern at the radio station, I have been learning firsthand what it takes to run a successful radio station.  One day in the studio one of the radio personalities had forgotten an appointment to do an interview.   I witnessed one of the other radio personalities say do not worry about it, they had done the interview for them.  Not only am I working on mastering new technical skills I need to fulfill the goals I have as an intern at WCRN.  I am learning that it takes a great team effort to run a successful radio station. 


No comments:

Post a Comment